The Home for the Holidays event is here! Decorate your Holiday Tree by collecting Ornaments, give Holiday gifts to your family, complete the holiday wish list and earn the exclusive Mystery Gift Package!
If you are at least level 12, you will see a pop-up inviting you to the Home for the Holidays Event! You will probably have to force close the game to see the update, which means to clear it from your mobile device's memory. You may even need to reboot your device.
You will have 18 days to complete the Home for the Holidays quests, and win an exclusive Mystery Gift full of surprises!
If you played the Halloween event this will be similar. You will work through the map, craft presents to find gift pieces and get to the end of the map to win the Mystery Gift! As seen in the image below, you will see some locked sections on the map during the event that will unlock at certain times during December. If you tap on the lock in your game, you will see when it will open, but the times are very short in comparison to Halloween.
Collect each present piece by crafting the item requested. For example, in the image below you need to make Sticky Toffee Pudding in the Stovetop. Continue to make the Toffee Pudding until you get each piece needed in that phase. Once you have all of the pieces (gloves, scarf, hat & coat) you will have a Gift Box showing you where your Holiday Decoration is.
Holiday Gifts: Each part of the map will be filling a wish list. There are 6 phases on the map, each with a different present to complete. Each phase will have you find items to make special recipes for, and when you open the Holiday Gift it will drop a random item. These items can include coins, prized animal feed, or present pieces.
Once you complete the items needed in each gift (see Event Info Tab) you will receive a temporary decoration on your farm!
Some Gift Baskets will drop Ornaments, which will help decorate the holiday tree on your farm. The ornament meter is located in the Event Center, and will give you extra coins when you reach a marked point.
Snow Boost: is a boost that will get you twice the amount of Event items once it's activated. Snow will appear for free sometimes. If you have push notifs enabled you will receive a push notif when the snow is free. Snow can also drop from opening gift boxes on occasion.
Kris Kringle: You have the option to purchase Kris Kringle as a Farm Hand to help you out during the Home for the Holidays Event. He gives you a higher chance of finding the rare event items and more! Please be aware that he is temporary, and will leave your farm 21 days after purchasing him.
New items needed and where to locate them:
- Holiday Toffee: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Confectionary Sugar: Harvest Wheat
- Holiday Nutmeg: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Holiday Heavy Cream: Tend Cows
- Holiday Walnuts: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Holiday Baking Powder: Harvest Wheat
- Holiday Cardamom: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Alpine Stawberries: Harvest Strawberries
- Holiday Pecans: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Peach Zest: Harvest Peach Trees
- Candle Dye: Explore Grandma's Glade, Pappy's Pond, Merryweather Mine, or Pier
- Fragrance Oil: Harvest Corn
- Collect Toffee for a special treat
- Gather Confectionary Sugar (harvest Wheat)
- Make 1 Sticky Toffee Pudding in Stovetop
A Kid at Heart
- Collect Nutmug for a special treat
- Use a Snow Boost
- Make Egg Nog in Dairy
Make Some Music
- Collect Walnuts for a special treat
- Gather Baking Powder
- Make Walnut Cake in Pastry Oven
Pamper Your Pets
- Collect Cardamom for a special treat
- Gather Alpine Strawberries
- Make Strawberry Tart in Dinner Oven
- Collect Pecans for a special treat
- Gather Peach Zest
- Make Pecan Studel in Stove top
Trish's Holiday Wish
- Collect Candle Dye
- Gather Fragrance Oil
- Make Holiday Candle in Crafting Station