The time has come to host Chili Cook-offs. Crafting Chili in the Stand will earn you Tickets, which you can redeem for Decorations, a Baby Dutch Landrace Goat, and a Chef’s Outfit for your avatar!
If you are level 10 or higher, you will see the following pop-up. Click on the green “Start Building” button to place the Stand frame on your farm.
Before you can host a Chili Cook-off, you will need to build your Chili Stand. Your first step is collecting Building Materials. You will need the following items to start building your Chili Stand.
- Bags of Coal
- Chili Bowls
- Chili Pots
To collect Bags of Coal, click on the “Post” button to post to your Facebook wall; you will get the parts when your friends click on it, or when you click on a similar newsfeed post.
Click on the “Ask” button to send requests for Chili Bowls and Chili Pots to your Neighbors. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, you can skip any of these tasks for Farm Bucks.
Note: You can send requests for materials to your Friends every 18 hours.
Once you have collected the required items, click on the “Start Building” button at the bottom of the construction Menu.
Now that your Stand is almost complete, you will need some help from your Neighbors to finish the job. The Chili Stand requires four Builders, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some crew requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Building Menu begin to fill. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click the “Hire One” button to purchase crew members with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Finish Building” button.
Using the Chili Stand:
Click on the Chili Stand to open the main menu.
This menu shows how many Tickets you have collected and what prizes you are currently eligible to redeem.A – The total amount of Tickets you have. You earn Tickets by feeding Chili to your Friends. This number keeps counting up, even as you redeem prizes.
B – The button to use when you want to redeem a prize. Once you have enough Tickets, this button will turn turquoise. Redeeming a prize does not decrease the number of tickets you have.
C – The number of Farm Bucks required to purchase a Decoration.
D – The button to use when you want to Craft Chili and feed to your Friends (earn Tickets).
E – The amount of Tickets you will receive once a Friend has eaten that particular bowl of Chili.
F – The total amount of that particular Chili that is ready to serve to your friends.
G – If you want to invite your Friends over to taste your Chili, click this button and a request will post to your feed and let you send a request to friends.
In order to earn Tickets, you must craft the Chili Recipes and invite your Friends over to taste them. You can craft your very own Chili via the Stand. From the Chili Stand menu, click on the “Make” button to open the Recipe menu. You can choose from three different Recipes:
- Sour Cream Chili: The required Ingredients are Onions and Milk. You will receive a total of one Ticket per Friend that tastes your Chili.
- Pinto Bean Chili: The required Ingredients are Salt and Pinto Beans (Pinto Beans is a limited edition Crop that you can find for Coins in the General Store). You will receive a total of two Tickets per Friend that tastes your Chili.
- Hot Cheesy Chili: The required Ingredients are Cheese and Chili Powder. You will receive a total of three Tickets per Friend that tastes your Chili.
Once you have filled your Chili Pot full, the “Make 1” button on the Recipe Card will grey out and you will be unable to craft more until Friends have tasted what you have already crafted.
Note: The spicier the Chili, the more Tickets you will receive when a Friend tastes it.
To get Tickets, you will need to enlist the help of your Friends. From the Chili Stand menu, click on the turquoise “Invite” button to send requests to your friends. Some other friends will visit your farm from time to time to taste your Chili too! If you do not wish to wait, you can purchase either of these ingredients for Farm Bucks.
Individual Tickets can also be purchased with Farm Bucks from the Chili Stand menu.
When Tickets appears on your farm after hosting a Chili Cook-off, click on them and you will see the following pop-up:
Click on the turquoise “Share Ticket” button to post a feed to your wall. Your friends will be able click on this feed to claim some free Tickets for themselves too. Once you have clicked on the Ticket, it will be automatically added to your Chili Stand.
Note: You can share Tickets every 18 hours.
Redeeming Ticket for Prizes:
Once you have collected enough Tickets, they can be redeemed for some great prizes. Click on your Chili Stand to open up your progress menu.
You can redeem the following six prizes with Tickets:
You can redeem the following six prizes with Tickets:
- Red Brick Paver (15 Tickets)
- Chili Balloon (35 Tickets)
- Hot Spice Caddy (60 Tickets)
- Chili Picnic Tent (105 Tickets)
- Baby Dutch Landrace Goat (175 Tickets)
- Bonus: Chili Cook-off Chef Outfit (175 Tickets) – When you earn the goat for the first time, you will get this outfit for free! Note: You can only earn the Chili Cook-off Chef Outfit once.
These prizes can be redeemed multiple times in a row, as long as you have enough Tickets. Once you have collected enough Tickets to reach the end of the meter (175 Tickets), you will earn the cute Baby Dutch Landrace Goat! You can also show off your Chili expertise with the Bonus Chef Outfit!
The Baby Dutch Landrace Goat can be redeemed with Tickets or Farm Bucks more than once. You can purchase additional Baby Dutch Landrace Goats for Farm Bucks after you have earned the first one for Tickets. After you have redeemed the Baby Dutch Landrace Goat the first time, your ticket meter will reset, and you will be able to earn all of the prizes additional times.
- You have 21 days to collect the prizes. If you do not collect them all, the prizes will disappear and you will be unable to claim them.
- If you want to see how much time you have left to claim the Chili Stand prizes, hover your cursor over the Chili Stand.
- You can earn additional items for making Chili by visiting other Neighbors’ Chili Stands during Neighbor Visits.
- You are limited to one Chili Stand per farm.
- The Chili Stand is unmovable.