Hot Air Balloon!
Barbara has a wonderful new Hot Air Balloon, but she can’t land it at her B&B! Help her build a Tethering Platform, and she will take you and your friends for a ride! Complete all five of the Hot Air Balloon rides by crafting goods and you will also earn a Mini Hot Air Balloon, The Summer Outfit with cool shades, and other great rewards!
If you are level 10 or higher, you will see the following pop-up. Click on the green “Place Tethering Platform” button to place the Platform on your farm.
Before you can host a Hot Air Balloon ride, you will need to build your Tethering Platform. Your first step is collecting Building Materials. You will need the following items to start building your Platform:
- Propane Tanks
To collect Windsocks, click on the “Post” button to post to your Facebook wall; you will get the parts when your friends click on it, or when you click on a similar newsfeed post.
Click on the “Ask” button to send requests for Sandbags and Propane Tanks to your Neighbors. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, you can skip any of these tasks for Farm Bucks.
Once you have collected the required items, click on the “Start Building” button at the bottom of the construction Menu.
Now that your Platform is almost complete, you will need to hire Friends to help you finish the job. The Tethering Platform requires four additional helps, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some crew requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Building Menu begin to fill. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click the “Hire One” button to purchase crew members with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Finish Building” button.
Hot Air Balloon Rides
The Mini Hot Air Balloon can be earned after a total of five stages. In order to earn it, you will need to take your friends on 5 Hot Air Balloon rides. To prepare for a Hot Air Balloon ride, click on your Tethering Platform.
No Hot Air Balloon ride is complete without snacks, so it’s time to start whipping up some delicious treats, goods, and supplies for your rides! From the Quest menu, click on the “Craft” button for the recipe you wish to Craft and you will be sent to your Kitchen and/or Workshop.
Note: Hosting a Hot Air Balloon Ride uses up the goods you have crafted.
- Have Hot Air Balloon Cookie
- Have Lemonade
- Have Apple Scones
- Have Tomato Soups
- Have Popcorn
- Have Hot Air Balloon Cookies
- Have Strawberry Lemonades
- Have Orange Cupcakes
- Have Popcorns
- Have Pumpkin Pies
- Have Popcorns
- Have Sparkling Apple Ciders
- Have Cornbread
- Have Blueberry Tarts
- Have Sparkling Apple Ciders
The Hot Air Balloon requires four guests to be present before your ride can begin, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Guest Menu begin to fill.
If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click the “Hire One” button to purchase guests with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Take a Ride Now” button to take off!
Once your Hot Air Balloon ride is complete, your guests will run off and you will see the following pop-up. Click on “Share Rewards” button to post a feed icon to your wall that your Friends can click to collect rewards, too!
Earning Rewards with the Hot Air Balloon
You will earn rewards each time you host a Hot Air Balloon ride. The more Hot Air Balloon rides you host, the more rewards you will receive at the end of each ride. Below is a list of items you have a chance of earning:
- Piece of Glass
The Hot Air Balloon reward icons at the bottom of the Guest Menu indicate how many rides you have hosted. As you host rides, you will see the Hot Air Balloon reward icons will be replaced by green check marks.
You can host up to a total of five Hot Air Balloon rides per Tethering Platform and once you have finished your final ride, you will earn a Mini Hot Air Balloon & the Summer Outfit! Click the turquoise “Place and Share” button to customize your new decoration.
- Once the Tethering Platform is placed on your Farm, you have 20 days to finish the quests and take your rides with Friends.
- You can have up to three Tethering Platforms on your farm (including frames).
- If you delete the first Tethering Platform, you will only be able to have a total of two. The second and third Platforms can be deleted or stored in your Inventory.
- Once you have hosted your Hot Air Balloon rides, you will be unable to use and/or sell any of the goods.
- Once you have finished hosting all of your rides, the Tethering Platforms are yours to keep as decorations!
- You can also buy up to five additional Super Tethering Platforms, which offer a more decorative Farmville 2 Hot Air Balloon ride from Barbara, twice the rewards and come fully built (no need for Parts and Crew). These premium Tethering Platforms are available for Farm Bucks in the General Store.