Earlier this week, the FarmVille 2 team induldged ourselves in scrumptious homebaked cupcakes.
One of our talented team members, Marranda, was so inspired by our "Orange Cupcake" Recipe from the game that she decided to bring them to life in her own kitchen. The end results were both tasty and beautiful - Green Tea Cupcakes with Apricot Hibiscus frosting! (see below for recipe)
A little bit about Marranda:
When Marranda's not carefully evaluating each and every Animal in FarmVille 2, she's perfecting her baking skills at home. Luckily, we get to try all of her tasty creations, just like the yummy treats pictured below.
FarmVille 2 Studio, California. Personal photograph by Ron. 22 Jan. 2013.
When asked, Marranda was very excited to share her Green Tea Cup(cake) recipe with all of you to enjoy at home. Even though we don't get 10XP from her treats like the Orange Cupcakes give from crafting, we sure feel awesome after eating one. Or two. But hey, who's counting anyways?
Green Tea (Cup) Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. powdered green tea
- 1 ¼ cup baker’s sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch round pans. Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, and green tea powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, and eggs until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before turning out of the pans.
- To make Green Tea Frosting: Sift together confectioners' sugar and green tea powder. In a medium bowl, combine tea mixture with butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- To assemble the cakes: when the cakes are completely cooled, put one layer on a flat serving plate. Spread a thin layer of frosting over it. Place the other layer of cake on top, and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake. Dust with green tea powder if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-25 grams) granulated white sugar, or to taste
- 1/3 cup of any fruit preserve
Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. Then place all the ingredients in the cold bowl and beat just until stiff peaks form. If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate. Makes about 2 cups (480 ml) whipped cream.